turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have 3 pensions and each are automatically linked to both 4b and 5b which is doubling them up. Why are the pensions also linked to 4b - IRA Distributions?

All 3 pensions distributed cash directly into my checking, monthly for the past 5 years.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have 3 pensions and each are automatically linked to both 4b and 5b which is doubling them up. Why are the pensions also linked to 4b - IRA Distributions?

There is a single 1099-R entered for each pension and this same 1099-R is linked to both 4b and 5b.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

So, are the amounts in 4b and 5b the same? Or is it that it appears that the amount in 4b must had the pensions added to it?

Do you have the CD/download software product? Can you see Forms mode? What do you see when you look at the entries for the 1099-Rs? Is the IRA/SEP/Simple box checked in box 7?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the CD product and yes, I had already drilled down which is how I saw what rolled into the numbers.  I also have true IRA RMD's, so no the amounts are not exactly the same.   The box is not checked on my paper 1099R, nor in TT.

The problem now seems to have resolved itself and no longer doubling up.  Not sure what changed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies