turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have 1099-R forms (3) from Transamerica Retirement Solutions. They indicate gross distributions. However ALL of those funds were MOVED from one retirement account to an

From one retirement account to another. No moneys received. DO I STILL LIST THEM ON MY RETURN?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

I have 1099-R forms (3) from Transamerica Retirement Solutions. They indicate gross distributions. However ALL of those funds were MOVED from one retirement account to an

Yes, you do need to report them.  IRS has the copies and will be looking for them on your tax return. Please report all 3 forms individually and answer follow up questions.  Their rollover will be either automatically reported if code G is listed in box 7 of the form; OR by the answers from the follow up questions.  The tax return will show the transactions reported (as they should be) however they will be listed as nontaxable.

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Wages and Income
  3. Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  4. Select IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099-R)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

Yes, you do need to report them.  IRS has the copies and will be looking for them on your tax return. Please report all 3 forms individually and answer follow up questions.  Their rollover will be either automatically reported if code G is listed in box 7 of the form; OR by the answers from the follow up questions.  The tax return will show the transactions reported (as they should be) however they will be listed as nontaxable.

1. Federal Taxes
  2. Wages and Income
  3. Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
  4. Select IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099-R)
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies