mariejanis

I do not have a 1099-R from Social Security I have a SSA-1099 i do not find a payers TIN anywhere on the form ?

If it's asking for an EIN number you are entering it in the wrong place. There is no EIN on social security SSA-1099.

If you only get ssi or SS or SSDI it is not taxable and you do not have to file a return. 

Try going to the search box and type in SSA-1099 or Social Security Benefits.  That will give you a Jump To link to take you directly to it.

OR

Enter a SSA-1099, SSA-1099-SM or RRB-1099  under

Federal Taxes on the left side or top

Wages and Income

Then scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security

Then the second line - Social Security (SSA-1099. RRB-1099) - click the Start or Revisit  button

Up to 85% of Social Security becomes taxable when all your other income plus 1/2 your social security, reaches:

Married Filing Jointly: $32,000

Single or head of household: $25,000

Married Filing Separately: 0

Here's a screen shot

SSA 1099 Where.jpg