sean-julie

I contributed too much to my 403b due to a company error. 12b, elective deferrals for qual plans is $19,000. I cannot electronically file because the error. What do I do?

My initial W2 had an incorrect value for elective deferrals and so did all employees that contributed to their 403b at my organization. I received a W-2 amendment. The value is correct but I cannot proceed without it flagging because it is over $18,500. Please advise on how to proceed.

macuser_22

TurboTax has released a FAQ on this issue - the workaround answer is to print and mail the return.
Excess 401(k) Contribution Preventing e-File