turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't enter more than one 1099 R pensions with different codes from the same company. My spouse passed away this year and it is a joint return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

I can't enter more than one 1099 R pensions with different codes from the same company. My spouse passed away this year and it is a joint return.

I'm sorry for your loss!

You should be able to enter more than one 1099-R from the same company.  You need to enter each 1099-R separately. 

To enter a additional 1099-Rs, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income.
  2. Scroll down to the Retirement Plans and Social Security section and click on the Start/Revisit box next to IRA, 4701(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R). 
  3. If you've already entered one (or more) 1099-Rs, you will see a screen Your 1099-R Entries.  Click on the link Add Another 1099-R (below the table).
  4. On the next screen click I'll type it myself.
  5. On the screen, Tell Us Which 1099-R You Have, mark the radio button for the type of 1099-R. 
  6. On that same screen, for This Form 1099-R belongs to, select your spouse's name and click Continue.

If you have difficulty, respond to this thread and give the details on what is happening.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry for your loss!

You should be able to enter more than one 1099-R from the same company.  You need to enter each 1099-R separately. 

To enter a additional 1099-Rs, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income.
  2. Scroll down to the Retirement Plans and Social Security section and click on the Start/Revisit box next to IRA, 4701(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R). 
  3. If you've already entered one (or more) 1099-Rs, you will see a screen Your 1099-R Entries.  Click on the link Add Another 1099-R (below the table).
  4. On the next screen click I'll type it myself.
  5. On the screen, Tell Us Which 1099-R You Have, mark the radio button for the type of 1099-R. 
  6. On that same screen, for This Form 1099-R belongs to, select your spouse's name and click Continue.

If you have difficulty, respond to this thread and give the details on what is happening.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies