Solved: I can't enter more than one 1099 R pensions with different codes from the same company. My spouse passed away this year and it is a joint return.

I can't enter more than one 1099 R pensions with different codes from the same company. My spouse passed away this year and it is a joint return.

I'm sorry for your loss!

You should be able to enter more than one 1099-R from the same company.  You need to enter each 1099-R separately. 

To enter a additional 1099-Rs, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income.
  2. Scroll down to the Retirement Plans and Social Security section and click on the Start/Revisit box next to IRA, 4701(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R). 
  3. If you've already entered one (or more) 1099-Rs, you will see a screen Your 1099-R Entries.  Click on the link Add Another 1099-R (below the table).
  4. On the next screen click I'll type it myself.
  5. On the screen, Tell Us Which 1099-R You Have, mark the radio button for the type of 1099-R. 
  6. On that same screen, for This Form 1099-R belongs to, select your spouse's name and click Continue.

If you have difficulty, respond to this thread and give the details on what is happening.

I'm sorry for your loss!

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income.