Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I can not find how to enter a 1099-g. Please help

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

I can not find how to enter a 1099-g. Please help

Form 1099-G reports certain types of government payments you received during the tax year. Examples include unemployment, paid family leave, or if you received a state or local tax refund for a prior tax year.

To report the form on your tax return :

  1. Log in to your return.
  2. Go to Federal Taxes.
  3. Go to Wages and Income.

Based on the income reported on the 1099 you will report it under :

  •  Unemployment ( if you received the 1099-G for Unemployment or Paid Family Leave.
  •  Other Common Income (To report state refund).
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings