Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I can e file my federal return but cant e file nys because of 8915 E ira distributions. does anyone know when nys will be updated? Also should I e file my federal now

They tried to tell me to do that but I told that they needed to find a fix. Going to call them now. 

I can e file my federal return but cant e file nys because of 8915 E ira distributions. does anyone know when nys will be updated? Also should I e file my federal now

The error message has disappeared and you can file your taxes now.  The form 8915 e is finally ready to go.

However, for those of us who filed our federal return, while waiting for TurboTax to fix the state issue, we now have a big problem.  Software won't allow us to e-file our state separately. Whatever you do, do not file federal return before you file state return.  ON the phone with them for the second time today. Hoping supervisor can assist me but I won't hold my breath.

You can still mail your state return in New York. Every year I do 6 family members taxes and the program only lets you e file 5 tax returns so every year I have to mail in one of them. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies