Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tristatesteam
Returning Member

I am trying to enter Net Regular Contributions to a Roth IRA. The IRA that I used up this year was from a pension rollover. What do I enter in the blank?

When I bought the IRA, in 2001, I bought their minimum purchase amount then to take advantage of dollar cost averaging bought $400 worth each month until it was all bought. There was also a bonus for keeping the account for 8 years. How do I work this?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I am trying to enter Net Regular Contributions to a Roth IRA. The IRA that I used up this year was from a pension rollover. What do I enter in the blank?

Are you saying you moved $400 a month from an IRA to a Roth IRA?

If so, you should have a 1099-R for each year.

@tristatesteam 

tristatesteam
Returning Member

Actually I put the pension rollover and the bonus into a money market set up as a Roth IRA and funded the investment IRA with that. Also there is nothing left in this IRA. It was income for me until August of 23.

Still, you should have 1099-Rs for your actions for each year you did this.

You have to report distributions from a Roth IRA  and should enter contributions to a Traditional IRA to TurboTax to see if you are eligible for that..

tristatesteam
Returning Member

The pension that this was funded by was liquidated in August of 2000. The money market that I used to buy shares in the IRA was emptied in September of 2001. I can't remember if there was any 1099-Rs sent to me and I don't have records from back that far. Also there is no traditional IRA involved here.

I'm confused.

maybe someone else can understand what you did.

the net contributions are $400 per month times the number of months.

OR

the initial value that came to you in August 2000 plus interest.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies