Solved: I am getting money from the SC State Retirement System in the form of a check every month. Why is it asking me What I did with the money from the Retirement System?

I am getting money from the SC State Retirement System in the form of a check every month. Why is it asking me What I did with the money from the Retirement System?

The 1099-R does not indicate if you rolled the money into an IRA or not...(the 1099-R may look the same for those who do)

so, since you used the money for your general living expenses...or put in the bank (but not into an IRA)

....you just select the answer..."I did something else with it (cashed out, etc)"