• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitzibmcc61

I am contributing to my stock at Edward Jones monthly instead of my company 401K since they don't match contributions. Where do I put the money I contributed on my taxes

I will not get any kind of tax form from Edward Jones (I already checked).  How can I make my contribution tax deductible since it is going into a retirement plan with Edward Jones?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Howard1948
Level 7

I am contributing to my stock at Edward Jones monthly instead of my company 401K since they don't match contributions. Where do I put the money I contributed on my taxes

Under Deductions and Credits, Retirement, there is an area for recording contributions to a Traditional IRA.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Howard1948
Level 7

What type of account is the EJ account?  Be specific.  A Traditional IRA?  A Roth IRA?  Something else?
mitzibmcc61

Sorry, it's a Traditional IRA
Howard1948
Level 7

Under Deductions and Credits, Retirement, there is an area for recording contributions to a Traditional IRA.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v