`

I am 70.5 years old, but still working and contributing to my defined benefit plan and 401K. Do I need to take distributions if still working?

You can delay distributions from ty401-K until April 1 of the year you retire. 

The Required Beginning Date can only be delayed if you are not a 2% owner at age 70½.  Also the Required Beginning Date is April 1 of the year *following* the year you are no longer an employee of the company providing the 401(k) or defined benefit plan.

I would find the experts' replies more helpful if they would:

1. not contain abbreviations ("ty" for Tax Year) but instead use complete words

2. cite the IRS Publication from which they extract the info, so the inquirer has the option to read the publication

Otherwise, it was helpful.

Thank you for seeking my feedback; I am certain it will benefit TurboTax's overall reputation as being user friendly.