The error message you are seeing on the wash sale entries is a result of automatic rounding. If the wash sale adjustment is $0.49 or less, then it is automatically rounded to zero. This type of rounding is allowed by the IRS.
Unfortunately, zero is not a valid value for this field for TurboTax, thus the error message.
To enter a disallowed Wash sale:
Income & Expenses
- Scroll to Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other
- Answer Yes to Did you sell stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or other investments in 2020?
- On the OK, what type of investments did you sell? screen, select Stock, Bonds, Mutual Funds. Then select Continue.
- From here, you can import or manually enter your 1099-B.
- Answer the questions about your sales. Choose to Enter sales one by one when asked.
- On the Now, we'll enter one sale on your 1099-B screen, enter your info.
- Check I have other boxes on my 1099-B to enter and enter the disallowed wash sale loss in box 1g.
- Select Continue and answer any follow-up questions.
Note: You'll need TurboTax Premier, TurboTax Live Premier, or TurboTax Self-Employed, TurboTax Live Self-Employed, to add any 1099-B forms.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I received the reply but later went on to work on state taxes and when I finished and looked at review again, the message was that everything was ready to submit even though I had done nothing with the wash sale issue. I've not had time to work on taxes since then but this is confusing to say the least.