To enter Social Security benefits reported on form SSA-1099
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- On Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099), click the start or update button
Or enter ssa-1099 in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to ssa-1099
You should have received an SSA 1099 form from the Social Security Administration. You enter that by typing SSA 1099 in the search box and click on jump to SSA 1099 in the drop down box. You enter the annual income as shown on the form.