Solved: How do I put DEA benefits as income

How do I put DEA benefits as income

I receive DEA an educational benefit through the V.A. how would I put that as my income?

How do I put DEA benefits as income

Payments you receive for education, training, or subsistence under any law administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) are tax free. Do not include these payments as income on your federal tax return. ... This applies only to the part of your VA payments that is required to be used for education expenses.

How do I put DEA benefits as income

Can you provide more details please? By "VA" I assume you mean Veterans Administration, and not the state of Virginia.
I would expect any educational assistance received by you, to be reported to you by the school on a 1098-T in box 5. Was it reported on some other document maybe?

How do I put DEA benefits as income

How do I put DEA benefits as income

Generally, all monies received by a veteran from the VA are not taxable or reportable on any tax return. There are exceptions that are easy to identify. If you receive a tax reporting document from the VA, then the money on that document has to be included on the tax return. If you have disability and DEA pay from the VA, its not reportable unless you have some kind of tax reporting document sent to you by the VA. While it does happen, it's rare for them to send such a document.