Your plan is a qualified plan.
Qualified plans include:
- 403(b)s (also known as tax-sheltered annuity plans)
- 457 plans for government employees
- Traditional IRAs
- Roth IRAs
- SEP and SIMPLE plans for employees of small businesses
- Pension plans
- Profit-sharing plans
- Stock bonus plans
Non-qualified plans include:
- Life insurance policies (if distribution is full payment)
- Private or purchased commercial annuities
- Military retirement plans
The TSP (Thrift Savings Plan) is similar to a 401K and is a Qualified plan.
Military retirement is considered a Non-Qualified plan. The law does not cover public sector pensions including federal government plans such as the military retirement system.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"