How do I get past the "Looks like we need more inf...

How do I get past the "Looks like we need more info" screen? I've updated the particular item at least 10 times, but no change.

I've entered my income and expenses for my self-employed business. When I get to the Federal Review section, I am presented with the "Looks like we need more info" screen. I've updated all the items I can and I am still presented with this screen. Nothing I do will resolve the "error."

That depends.  If you are using TurboTax Online, I would start with closing out of TurboTax then clearing your cache and cookies in your web browser then signing back in.  If you are using Chrome:

1. In your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More .
  3. Click More tools. Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Click Clear data.

Chrome is the recommended browser for TurboTax Online.

The other suggestion I would make is to be sure and scroll to the bottom of the Self Employed screen to be sure you answered the questions for Qualified Business income.  There are a number of sections after you have entered your income and expenses that need to be reviewed and completed.

Clearing cache and cookies did not work. 

Looks like we need more info often comes up when questions in some sections at the bottom of the self-employed income and expenses screen have not been accessed and/or answered.

• Click Income & Expenses
  • Edit/Add Self-Employment income and expenses
  • Edit your business
  • Scroll down to Carryovers, limitations, at risk information, etc. Click Start or Edit. Check None of the above or any other applicable boxes in Do you have any of these other business situations? Then continue.
  • Once back on the main screen, go to Qualified Business Income. Click Details. Complete this section.
  • Click Federal Review again.

I already did this - multiple times. Nothing seems to have any effect. 

You may have some forms that have not been finalized. Federal form availability Once the IRS releases a form, the program is updated as quickly as possible.

The IRS does not begin accepting returns until February 12 so the IRS has plenty of time to work on the forms, in their opinion.

Otherwise, you can fill this form out for someone to call you.