turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get my original IRA entry off my form? The suggestion for TT home and business didn't work.

I was distracted and entered my IRA as traditional and then mistakenly said it was converted to ROTH when it was a ROTH from the outset.  TT won't let me reset it, how do I erase my original entry?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

How do I get my original IRA entry off my form? The suggestion for TT home and business didn't work.

You can completely remove your previous IRA-contribution entries by deleting the IRA Contribution Worksheet.  In the CD/download version of TurboTax, switch to forms mode, open this worksheet, then click the Delete button.  Finally, switch back to step-by-step mode and revisit the IRA contribution section.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dmertz
Level 15

You can completely remove your previous IRA-contribution entries by deleting the IRA Contribution Worksheet.  In the CD/download version of TurboTax, switch to forms mode, open this worksheet, then click the Delete button.  Finally, switch back to step-by-step mode and revisit the IRA contribution section.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies