Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

wendy1

How do i enter the nominee adjustment for a 1099R as there is no entry selection in turbotax?

I will pursue that and see if this mess will go away.  Thanks everyone for your advice.  Have a good evening.

How do i enter the nominee adjustment for a 1099R as there is no entry selection in turbotax?

If the IRA custodian will not issue a corrected 1099-R showing the name of the beneficiary (estate of deceased) and a code 4 in box 7, then you might want to suggest to the CPA that is doing the 1041 that he file a 4852 (substitute 1099-R form) in place of the 1099-R that was received with the correct name and code and attach an explanation statement that the distribution was after death and the IRA custodian refused to correct the 1099-R.  This would all be done on the 1041 estate return and not the personal 1040 return.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

And  you should also paper file to explain the negative amount on line 21 of the form 1040 ... letting the IRS know where the 1099-R amount will be showing up ... this will match what the CPA is sending ... which is another reason the CPA should really be doing both returns.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies