If you already filed your return and it has been accepted, you need to amend the return to add Form 1099-SSA.
Here are the steps to amend your return:
- Sign in to you account.
- Scroll down to Your tax return & documents , select 2019 and then Amend (change) return.
- Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
- follow the instructions, your refund or tax due will change to 0. This is normal on amended returns.
After you start amending the return you can add form 1099-SSA by following the steps below:
- Log in to your account.
- Go to Federal Taxes.
- Go to wages and Income.
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security and click show more.
- Click start next to Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099).
After adding all the forms you will see the instructions to print and mail the return. Amended returns can't be e-filed.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"