Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How do I enter 72t distributions if 1099-R lists distribution code 1?

1 Reply
Level 15

How do I enter 72t distributions if 1099-R lists distribution code 1?

Enter the Form 1099-R exactly as received under Wages & Income -> Retirement Plans and Social Security -> IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R).  After doing so and answering the immediate follow-up questions to indicat that you "did something else with the money" (i.e., you did not roll it over), click the Continue button on the Your 1099-R Entries page and proceed to the page where you can and enter the amount in the Equal Periodic Payments box.  You can also reach this page by going to Other Tax Situations -> Additional Tax Payments -> Extra tax on early retirement withdrawals.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies