null75

How do I correct Traditional IRA contribution worksheet? It shows I am covered by a work plan. I am retired and I have repeatedly corrected this but it will not change.

AlexisH

Hi there-

By any chance do you have a W2 that indicates you are covered by a retirement plan in box 13?

Did you walk through the Traditional IRA section in Deductions & Credits and see this screen?

bjoankolb

I have the same issue. And yes box 13 is checked on my husband’s W-2. He retired in May of 2019.. Should I just unclick it in Turbo Tax? 

AnnetteB6

No, you should not uncheck the 'retirement plan' box on the W-2.  Since he worked for an employer and was covered by a retirement plan until the time he retired, he is considered to have been covered by a retirement plan all year. 

Contributing to a Traditional IRA will still be allowed, only the deductible portion of the contribution may be limited.  

@bjoankolb