• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liggstjo
Returning Member

How can I report a TurboTax Bug? Ttax is incorrectly putting my inherited IRA RMD on line 7 of my Traditional IRA Form 8606 (I converted $10,000 to my Roth IRA).

In 2017, 2018, and 2019, I also received IRA RMDs and converted amounts from my Traditional IRA to my Roth IRA, and TurboTax did not make this mistake.  In those previous 3 years, line 7 on my Form 8606 was correctly 0.
4 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

How can I report a TurboTax Bug? Ttax is incorrectly putting my inherited IRA RMD on line 7 of my Traditional IRA Form 8606 (I converted $10,000 to my Roth IRA).

This bug has been reported by numerous others and has been previously passed on to the moderators here.

@Katie_B @macuser_22 Any updates on this problem?

Katie_B

At this time it is still under investigation, but I can confirm that this is one of the things the team is working on. It's at the top of my list, so I will continue to update you as I receive relevant information. Thanks all!

liggstjo
Returning Member

Hi Katie,

Any word on the status of this problem?

thanks,

Joan

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

The error you are experiencing is connected with entries on Form 8606. Please see this link to sign up for updates related to this issue: Why Am I Getting a "Check This Entry" Error Related to For 8606?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v