Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >

portia81

How can I get Turbo Tax to use Box 2a Taxable Amount instead of Box 1 the gross amount in my 1099R (G)?

How can I get Turbo Tax to use Box 2a "taxable amount" of my annuity instead of Box 1 "gross amount" from my 1099R (G)?  Last year (and years before that) Turbo Tax used Box 2a, but not this year.  Thanks for your help!

Texas Roger

The gross amount will be entered on the summary sheet but the taxable amount will be entered on your form 1040 on line 4b. Check to see if it is correctly entered on line 4b.

Texas Roger

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~