turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RRRRyan1

How can I get TT to ask me if I have a retirement plan at work again? After clicking state it seems to have gotten confused and disqualified my IRA deposits.

I've tried readding the IRA deposits that were showing perfectly prior to clicking into the state section of my return but it no longer asks me if I'm covered.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MinhT1
Employee Tax Expert

How can I get TT to ask me if I have a retirement plan at work again? After clicking state it seems to have gotten confused and disqualified my IRA deposits.

If you are covered by a retirement plan at work, your form W-2 should have box 13 - Retirement plan checked.

If you have correctly entered your form W-2 and checked box 13, that information is taken into account in TurboTax at both the Federal and state level.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MinhT1
Employee Tax Expert

If you are covered by a retirement plan at work, your form W-2 should have box 13 - Retirement plan checked.

If you have correctly entered your form W-2 and checked box 13, that information is taken into account in TurboTax at both the Federal and state level.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
RRRRyan1

You're a life saver, that fixed it. I'm not sure how/why that box ended up checked as soon as I clicked on the state section, but unchecking it  (to match the W2) fixed it. thank you!!!

jbenader

Wow, same thing happened to me in 2022 and I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it thinks i had a retirement plan.

Manage cookies