When no longer employed and your employer continues to contribute to an HSA on your behalf, you may or may not receive a W2. However, the contributions belong on line 9 of the Form 8889 all the same. If you didn't get the W2, do the following in Turbo Tax:
- Go to Federal Taxes- (Personal) Deductions and Credits-Medical-1099-SA/HSA.
- Continue through the HSA screens until you get to Lets Enter your HSA Contributions. Make sure you enter nothing in those fields.
- On the screen Did your employer tell you about any other contributions? Say Yes
- On the next screen, enter the contributions within Employer and Payroll not reported in Box 12
- Continue through the screens to describe your insurance coverage
This will complete the Form 8889 and report the contributions. You won't have a deduction, but you will properly report.