Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

anniesegovia1216
Returning Member

Getting msg saying "we are updating how sep and simple plan contributions are reported on the tax return based on new guidance from the irs check back later" help plz?

@mariahlynn05  How do you change it ?

Getting msg saying "we are updating how sep and simple plan contributions are reported on the tax return based on new guidance from the irs check back later" help plz?

anniesegovia1216
Returning Member

I had no errors and my federal was accepted I’m just trying to make sure other people are having the same issue for state .. I just saw that state part will be available February 15th .. does it say the same for you ? 

@anniesegovia1216 

no it shows my state will be ready 1/31

anniesegovia1216
Returning Member

Maybe it depends on the  state .. I don’t know 

Right? The same thing happened to me last year with a "bug" in their coding that they had to fix first. After I'd already paid?? Gross.

Hello, if you don’t mind me asking, how long did it take Turbo Tax to update  or fix the “bug” on their website?

It was a few weeks and I finally got it squared away after getting someone on the phone with me and remoting into my screen. The bug was specific to my state. It was a totally different issue, so I'm hoping the timeline for this is much faster as it seems to be affecting more people.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Check back later this week or next.   TurboTax is currently being updated to reflect the recent tax law changes.    You will be able to e-file as soon as the updates are complete.   See @MonikaK1's post from above for full details; I've linked it here>>>  SEP SIMPLE Box 12 code mismatch message    @pamman321 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jaleeds
Returning Member

Is there an exact date for when TT will have this issue resolved? 

Yes I type code S-contributions to 408(p) SIMPLE PLAN. It’s not letting me out that in.. keeps saying fix federal return…

DawnC
Expert Alumni

No ETA - - the federal program and many states are currently being updated.   @jaleeds   Rest assured, it is at the top of the list as it affects a very large number of taxpayers!   And if you have already paid, you are locked in to the early season rates - - no matter when you transmit your returns.   

SEP SIMPLE Box 12 code mismatch message  -  Tax Expert, MonikaK's post

I owe taxes to the IRS, wouldn't I incur penalties for each day I delay payment since I cant move forward with e-filing because of this error? 

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

If you owe taxes, you can make a payment online using a credit or debit card, or through other methods. 

Interest will only be charged from the due date of the tax return.

See this help article or the IRS Make a Payment webpage for more information.

If you have additional questions, please start a new thread. Community users can use this site most efficiently to research questions and answers if they are organized by thread.

I owe taxes also but I set my date to pay at a later date. So hopefully before then this issue will be fixed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies