Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Getting a message when trying to e-file: Pension Deduction Worksheet:Federal Amount We're still working on updates related to retirement distributions that qualfiy ....

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Getting a message when trying to e-file: Pension Deduction Worksheet:Federal Amount We're still working on updates related to retirement distributions that qualfiy ....

Getting a message when trying to e-file: Pension Deduction Worksheet: Federal Amount We're still working on updates related to retirement distributions that qualify for disasters or covid relief. You can keep working on your return and we'll remove this message when it's ready. 

I was told by a customer support rep last Thursday Feb. 25 that it would been fixed following day. Still not fixed. Please advise! 

I am getting the same error, please fix this

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Some states have not been updated to conform with IRS guidelines. There is no ETA  at this time but will be as soon as possible. The engineers are working as fast as they can to get all the states updated with each of their own level of conformity to the the federal legislation.

Yes, select edit to run through the 1099-R responses again when the program is updated for Michigan.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
theike

I too am receiving this error message. Please advise when corrected, Turbotax!

I have this error too for my NYS return. Can I skip filing NY and just file federal? I cannot figure out how to do that. It just puts me in a endless loop. I have two new dependents and will not be getting a stimulus for them because I can't file 2020 taxes now. I have waited several weeks for this to be updated. 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can e-file the federal without the state. Identify that you want to paper file the state in the File section. This can be changed back to e-file the state when it is ready. After the federal return has been accepted and approved, the state return can be filed.

Regarding the stimulus payments missed, yes, you will get the stimulus for all qualifying dependents who are under 17 years old. You must provide more than 50% of their financial support to claim them. This is done by using the Recovery Rebate Credit section. To complete this section of your return, follow these steps:

1. Go to the search box and enter stimulus. Click the Jump to link.
  2. Answer Yes.
  3. At the next screen, Let's double-check the amount you received, answer No to edit the first-round and second-round amounts.
  4. If no stimulus amount was received, enter 0. An amount must be entered in each box. When finished, click Continue.

To e-file the state after the federal has been filed, see: How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal?

The delay is from the states not always reflecting your preference to spread the taxes due from an early withdrawal over three years on Form 8915-E Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments? 

@theike

@anthonydewhirst2

Please let us know when this is fixed.  Thanks!

Thank you very much. I chose "file by mail on both state and federal and it finally brought me to a window that I was able to change individually. I chose EFILE for federal, and "not ready to file" for NY. I was able to file my federal for now, and will just wait now for the states to catch up with the forms needed to efile my state. Thanks again Kathryn 🙂

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies