Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pasolsn

Form 1099-R included amount for a ROLLOVER to another account, how is it listed as income?

How do I split the two 1099R?  Does this mean I add another 1099R for the company that received the monies?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

Form 1099-R included amount for a ROLLOVER to another account, how is it listed as income?

Some is a distribution and some is a rollover on the same 1099R correct?

So for example if you got a 1099R for $25K, and $10K was a rollover and $15K was a kept by you, then enter this with $10K in box 1, and do the rollover which would be nontaxable and then do the $15K in box 1 with it being treated as a distribution.

Tell me the code in box 7 as the split may not be necessary
pasolsn

code in box 7 is: G
pasolsn

The total amount was rollover to another retirement account.  No monies were exchanged.

Look at answer and look below to see it is on line 4b of the Form 1040 to see if it was added to taxable income and let me know.
pasolsn

NO its's blank

OK then TurboTax and you did it correctly and it is not being added to taxable income.

The answer below is correct.

If you rolled over the full amount then you only enter that 1 1099R.  G is for direct rollover.  It is not taxable.  It should say ROLLOVER by line 4.  Did you get two 1099Rs?  You don't need to enter anything about where it went.  The G tellls it that.

Thank you @VolvoGirl

i also posted in the answer if you did not rollover the entire amount as in the question you mentioned a split 1099R.

When you enter the 1099R right after that it will ask how much was rolled over and to what type of account.

As long as the rollover did not go to a Roth account that amount will not be added to taxable income.

The entire amount of the 1099R is gross income and only the part not rolled over is taxable income.

Look at line 4b of the 1040 and verify this.

To Preview a copy of the Form 1040 prior to paying for TurboTax.

A.     Go to Tools in left side of screen and click on Tools
B.    A box titled: Tool Center will open and below the 3 boxes is: Other helpful Links…
C.    Click on the first one: View Tax Summary
D.    Then in left side of screen click on: Preview My 1040
E.    You can scroll up and down and see the numbers on a working copy of your Form 1040

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies