JayBee331

Form 1099-DIV from my Broker shows an entry of 145.47 Liquidation Distribution Cash. When I download the 1099 into TT this info doesn't show as being downloaded. Why?

NancyG

A liquidating distribution is a "return of capital."  A return of capital is accounted for by reducing your basis in the security on your own records.  

As long as you continue to have positive basis there is no need to "report" anything; there's nothing to enter in TurboTax and there's no "proving" to the IRS that liquidating distributions/returns of capital haven't exceeded your basis.