Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Saro

Excess 401k contribution for 2018 because of two w2s and turbotax forces to paper/mail file.

Hello, 

I have made excess 401k contribution for 2018 because of two w2s. Per https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4698409-excess-401-k-contribution-preventing-e-file , it looks like turbotax started blocking e-file for these changes and I am supposed to do paper file. Now the question is per https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4697314-turbotax-won-t-let-me-efile-because-my-two-w-2s-401k-amoun... , the turbotax expert had advised to have an explanatory statement added while doing paper/mail file. I am not sure how to add the explanatory statement?  Also in the downloaded document i don't see anywhere that this excess income is mentioned except the form 1040 line 7 do have it added and reported. Please help.

Thanks

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
jjt

Excess 401k contribution for 2018 because of two w2s and turbotax forces to paper/mail file.

I had pretty much the same issue.  Here is the answer I received:

TurboTax is aware of the e-filing issue that you are having and is currently working on a solution. An update to fix the issue is expected to be released around 4/5/2019. 

Be sure to sign up for updates to be alerted as soon as there is a solution. If you do not want to wait for an update, you have the option to paper file your tax returns as this is only an e-filing issue.

You can check out this TurboTax FAQ for more information: Excess 401(k) Contribution Preventing E-filing

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies