turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should I add a 1099R to my already posted tax returns. It was for a rollover with no taxable income. it will have no effect, I think, on my taxes, but need to get input?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Should I add a 1099R to my already posted tax returns. It was for a rollover with no taxable income. it will have no effect, I think, on my taxes, but need to get input?

Even though a rollover distribution would have no tax effect on your return, you should include it as part of your tax return in order to file a complete and accurate return.

Since you have already filed, once your return has been accepted you can file an amended return to include the information on the Form 1099-R. 

If you choose not to file an amended return, you may not suffer any consequence, but it is possible that the IRS would contact you for not including the 1099-R on your return. 

Here are the instructions for amending a 2017 tax return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6603004

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Even though a rollover distribution would have no tax effect on your return, you should include it as part of your tax return in order to file a complete and accurate return.

Since you have already filed, once your return has been accepted you can file an amended return to include the information on the Form 1099-R. 

If you choose not to file an amended return, you may not suffer any consequence, but it is possible that the IRS would contact you for not including the 1099-R on your return. 

Here are the instructions for amending a 2017 tax return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6603004

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies