Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vampirefish
Returning Member

Error- retired with no W2

I'm receiving an error because I don't have a w2 (retired). I have rechecked that I don't have any w2s, created a fake one just to delete it and still can't get past it. PLEASE HELP I've never had an issue like this with TurboTax. This is a HORRIBLE bug

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

what happens when you click EDIT/UPDATE W-2 ?

You should see a trash can, or delete button.

What is the error message ?

vampirefish
Returning Member

After I delete my w2 it appears that it’s been deleted. Then I go to recheck my errors and they still pop up- line 9 no income but I’ve added in social security. What gives?

@vampirefish  Have you tried switching to Forms Mode, to see if there is a W-2 Worksheet or something about a W-2.  You can delete the form in Forms Mode.

How do I switch to Forms Mode in the TurboTax for Windows software?

To switch to Forms Mode, open your return and click the Forms icon in the upper-right corner of your screen (or choose Forms from the View menu at top).

The 1040 Worksheet will display and all the forms in your return will be listed on the left side. Simply select a form to open it.

To switch back to the interview, click the Step-by-Step icon in the upper right corner, or choose it from the View menu.

Tips

• In Step-by-Step mode, you can view the underlying tax form by clicking Show Relevant Form near the bottom of your screen. Not all screens will have this, only those where the input relates directly to a tax form.
  • It's OK to switch to Forms Mode if you want to look at a form or two, but constantly toggling back and forth between Forms Mode and Step-by-Step has been known to cause problems and data corruption.

how and where do i enter w2 information  form i have is csa 1099r

@johngarnhart 

If you do not have a W-2 for 2022:

If an old employer or old W-2 transferred over from last year, you can delete that employer or W-2 in Federal>Wages & Income and tell the software that you do not have any W-2's.

To enter your retirement income, Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA  401 k) Pension Plan Withdrawals to enter your 1099R.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@johngarnhart wrote:

how and where do i enter w2 information  form i have is csa 1099r

A CSA-1099-R is not entered in the W-2 section.

To enter, edit or delete a form 1099-R -

Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button

Or enter 1099-r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099-R

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies