HigherRefund

Employer Zip Code for a retired person

I am retired so I don't have an employer. I receive my pension from my previous employer's pension plan.  Can I just ignore this? It comes up when I run the check at the end.

ToddL99

Employer Zip Code for a retired person

If you are retired and must enter an "Employer Zip Code" to get through a review, enter the zip code of the pension plan administrator - the payer listed on your Form 1099-R. 

(Not sure why or where this coming up, but neither TX or FL have a state income tax, so it couldn't affect your taxes any case).

npierson7

Employer Zip Code for a retired person

You shouldn't ignore the question. It's being asked to determine the state where the employer is located. It could affect taxation of your pension on the state level

HigherRefund

Employer Zip Code for a retired person

I am retired, no longer employed. My previous employer is based in TX and I live in FL. No State sales tax in either.

ToddL99

Employer Zip Code for a retired person

HigherRefund

Employer Zip Code for a retired person

That makes the most sense. It was going to be my default.