Solved: Do I split my military retirement pay between 2 states? I lived in Ohio for 9 months and in Virginia for 3 in 2017. I still own my home in OH while working in VA.

Do I split my military retirement pay between 2 states? I lived in Ohio for 9 months and in Virginia for 3 in 2017. I still own my home in OH while working in VA.

Just to add, I left my family in OH for working in VA. OH does not tax military retirement pay while VA does. Can I allocate all my entire mil retirement to OH and not claim it for VA?

Yes, a least for 2017. You should file a full year resident Ohio return and a non resident VA return. Allocate none of your Military retirement to VA. 

If you continue with this arrangement, it could get sticky. As long as you maintain a home, with family, in Ohio, you are still a full year Ohio resident. The problem comes if and when VA also wants to classify you as a  resident.