turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I say Y or N? 1099-R. Taxable amt not determined box is checked. TurboTax asks: "I am under retirement age for this plan.Y-N?" Now 86, retired at 62. Do I say Y or N?

Age on Date the Annuity started = 62.  The next question  is: I am under retirement age for this plan. Retiree was at normal retirement age when it started. So, I THINK the answer is No. Thanks for your help.  Is it Yes or No?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

Do I say Y or N? 1099-R. Taxable amt not determined box is checked. TurboTax asks: "I am under retirement age for this plan.Y-N?" Now 86, retired at 62. Do I say Y or N?

At age 86, the answer is No.  You are not under the normal retirement age for the plan.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

At age 86, the answer is No.  You are not under the normal retirement age for the plan.

Thank you @dmertz. I appreciate your help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies