• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quinnjoh

Do I have to pay PA income tax on Social Security payments and disbursement from my retirement annuity?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Vanessa
Level 3

Do I have to pay PA income tax on Social Security payments and disbursement from my retirement annuity?

Generally, No  

Pennsylvania does not tax social security and does NOT tax most types of retirement income as long as "you retired AFTER meeting the eligibility requirements for separation from service by retirement based on old age, infirmity, long-continued service, or a combination of old age and infirmity and long continued years of service."PA Retirement

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vanessa
Level 3

Generally, No  

Pennsylvania does not tax social security and does NOT tax most types of retirement income as long as "you retired AFTER meeting the eligibility requirements for separation from service by retirement based on old age, infirmity, long-continued service, or a combination of old age and infirmity and long continued years of service."PA Retirement

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
re2boys
Level 9

For specifics if your retirement income is taxable on a PA income tax return see: https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1470/related/1

Privacy Settings
v