Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >

Firehouse1821

Do I have to claim my new wife's state income tax return on our tax return. We are filing jointly for the first time. It's a little confusing

Howard1948

If you mean do you have to claim your new wife's state income tax REFUND for 2015 that she received in 2016 on your joint Federal income tax return for 2016, the answer is Yes.  TT will then ask for some other information and go through a rather complex computation as to whether that refund is taxable.

Howard1948

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~