dnk-sherman

Do I claim TSP contributions or Loan repayment on our taxes?

We have a TSP account and are repaying a loan we took out through our account...do I need to wait for the 1099 to come to file taxes or will we not have to claim any of that money since there was no withdraw, only contributions and a loan?

KrisD

No, everything that needs to be reported concerning a TSP (Thrift Savings Plan) account is reported on your W2. 

The loan re-payment does not involve deductible interest since you did not list your primary home as collateral.  

KrisD

TomYoung

You should NOT receive a 1099-R if you are in compliance with the loan repayment terms.  But if not, you will receive a 1099-R.

Tom Young