Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Credit for Retirement Savings Contributions

where to find
1 Reply
Level 10

Credit for Retirement Savings Contributions

If you contribute to a retirement plan at work (401(k), 403(b), etc.) or to your own Individual Retirement Account (IRA) you may qualify for a Retirement Savings Contributions Credit (also called the Saver's Credit). To qualify for the Saver's Credit, you must be a nondependent age 18 or older and not a full-time student. Also, your income must be under a certain threshold based on your filing status (click the screenshot below for details). TurboTax will automatically see if you qualify for the Saver's Credit during the tax interview. 

Note: If you contributed to a retirement plan at work, the information will be reported in Box 12 of your W-2. If you contributed to an IRA, you'll need to enter this information in the IRA section of TurboTax. Please see the FAQs below for more information.

What is the Saver's Credit?

What do all the letter codes in Box 12 of my W-2 mean?

Where do I enter my Traditional or Roth IRA?
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings