paulmartin148

Cannot edit SSA-1099 to enter this years amount. The Edit button takes me to the Yes/No page, when I say Yes, it takes me back to Wages and Income and not to the form.

Using Turbotax Deluxe online edition and imported last years desktop file. When I try to update the SSA income, the screens loop Wages and Income to the 'did  you receive Soc Sec...' Yes/No screen then back to Wages

MarilynG1

You may need to Delete/Re-Enter your SSA-1099.

You are correct that answering 'Yes' to the question 'Did you receive Social Security...?'  should bring up a screen asking for entries from your Form 1099-SSA and not return you to the Income topics (screenshot).

Click this link for info on How to Enter Social Security Benefits (SSA-1099)

MarilynG1

rh91

Cannot edit SSA-1099 to enter this years amount.

MarilynG1

You may need to delete the 1099-SSA and re-enter it.

In the desktop/CD version, click on FORMS and search for 1099-SSA in the left column list of forms.  When the form displays, click on DELETE at the bottom.

In TurboTax Online, click on Income & Expenses at the top.  In the list of Income topics, scroll down to Social Security.  If last year's amount is shown, click on START/REVIEW and use the Trash Can icon to delete it.  

After selecting 'Yes' to 'Did you receive benefits in 2021?' on the next screen you should get a form to enter the data from your 1099-SSA on 'Tell us about the benefits you received.

Click this link for more details on How to Enter Social Security Benefits (SSA-1099).