cavalry1st

Can I file if haven't received 1099 for 2020?

Being asked for 1099 ifo for wife and I.  We did not receive in 2020.  How do I proceed?
ColeenD3

If you are waiting for more information, it is best to file once everything is entered, complete and correct. If your wife no longer receives this income, you can try to delete the Schedule C.

Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

cavalry1st

Can not see 

"form/schedule/worksheet"  in list of Forms and Worksheets.  Keeps asking for spouse's 1099.  She did not recieve a 1099 for 2020.  She did receive a W-2 which has already been entered.   

JoannaB2

It depends. If all income was deposited to your bank, you may use bank statement as 1099-Misc. But to make sure you reported an accurate income tax return to the taxing authorities, you may need to contact your payer for a copy of 1099-Misc/1099-NEC or call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 (after February 15) for a substitute 1099-Misc/NEC,