Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I complete my refund without a 1099? I never received that form. There is a dollar amount listed for section 12d. Will I complete my return before the 15th?

I never received a 1099.  However, Turbotax is asking for 1099 information.  I'm not able to move forward, or can I?  Please help!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can I complete my refund without a 1099? I never received that form. There is a dollar amount listed for section 12d. Will I complete my return before the 15th?

There are over a dozen kinds of 1099's.  What kind are you asking about?   1099B?  1099NEC?  SSA1099?  1099R?   1099G?   etc etc etc.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Section 12d...Where?  On a W2?  What else is in 12d?  Is there a Code?  Or is d the code?  On a W2 box 12 code D is for 401k contributions.  You only need a 1099 if you took a withdrawal or rolled it over to another account.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies