cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

As an independent consultant w/a 1099-MISC, how do I treat my SEP contributions for 2017 -- reduce 1099-MISC income shown on 1040 or show the SEP contribution elsewhere?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 2

As an independent consultant w/a 1099-MISC, how do I treat my SEP contributions for 2017 -- reduce 1099-MISC income shown on 1040 or show the SEP contribution elsewhere?

Follow these steps to enter your self-employed retirement contributions:

·         Sign into your account and click Take me to my return

·         Using Search (upper right of program) search self-employed retirement (including the dash) and click the Jump to self-employed retirement from results

·         Follow the TurboTax prompts to enter your self-employed retirement contributions

Click on screenshot below for details

1 Reply
Level 2

Follow these steps to enter your self-employed retirement contributions:

·         Sign into your account and click Take me to my return

·         Using Search (upper right of program) search self-employed retirement (including the dash) and click the Jump to self-employed retirement from results

·         Follow the TurboTax prompts to enter your self-employed retirement contributions

Click on screenshot below for details