Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

As a retired public safety officer, I get a tax exclusion on health insurance premiums paid from my pension directly to insurance company or employer. Where can I add it?

I paid $2,676 which is under the $3k limit and I meet all other qualifiers. Not sure how to add this, thanks!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

As a retired public safety officer, I get a tax exclusion on health insurance premiums paid from my pension directly to insurance company or employer. Where can I add it?

Yes, the exclusion for health insurance paid for retired public safety officers is still valid.  

After entering the form 1099-R information in the "Wages and Income" section you will need to answer several follow on questions.  One of them is "Did the Pension Administrator Pay for Health Insurance?"  You would select "Yes, money was taken out." The next page will have a box for the amount taken out.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I went back and tried again, that question did not come up after putting in the 1099-R or after finishing the Wages and Income section.

@coconutclamp wrote:

I went back and tried again, that question did not come up after putting in the 1099-R or after finishing the Wages and Income section.

After you completed entering the Form 1099-R and were going through the follow-up screens, you did not see this screen where you can select Public Safety Officer?

Public Saftey Officer.JPG

I had to delete it and start again, but I did find that box! Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies