turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099-r box 7 code 7 is a Normal distribution, but than is ask me , what did you do with the money, rolled over or converted or cashed out not sure,!

call pension plan and was told that i receive a single life annuity, so i will receive a check every month for the rest of my life.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

1099-r box 7 code 7 is a Normal distribution, but than is ask me , what did you do with the money, rolled over or converted or cashed out not sure,!

Unless you turned around and contributed that money into an IRA or other retirement vehicle, you cashed it out. Even if you were to buy a CD, invest in the stock market or put it into a savings account, you have still cashed it out.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

i just spoke with my pension plan nokia benefits resource center and was told that i need to speak with turbotax for the answers, i ask them is is a simple rolled over, converted or cashed out, was told cashed out was wrong but would explain?

i just spoke with my pension plan nokia benefits resource center and was told that i need to speak with turbotax for the answers, i ask them is is a simple rolled over, converted or cashed out, was told cashed out was wrong but would explain?

what did you do with the money from --- moved the money to another account or returned to the same retirement account---second- did something else with it cashed out,etc. choose which of the flowing applies---rolled ove all of the money to a IRA or other retirement account or returned to same account--- next- converted all of the money to a Roth Ira account---next-did a combination of rolling over, converting, cashing out the money!! please help

P.S im willing to talk with someone in turbotax also.

You did  "something else" with it.  You get the cash or check each month.  You did not roll it over.
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Anything other that putting it back into an IRA or another annuity is "something else".

THank you  Coleen, i will check it, did something else with it cashed out,etc., Again thank now i could move on! have a great a day!
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

Unless you turned around and contributed that money into an IRA or other retirement vehicle, you cashed it out. Even if you were to buy a CD, invest in the stock market or put it into a savings account, you have still cashed it out.

Right.  All it really wants to know is if you did the first choice like convert it to a ROTH.  If you didn't do the first choice then pick the second one for did something else.

Thank you- cashed out ect!! sound good!!
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

My pleasure.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies