Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anyone know why I wasn't asked to enter IRA contributions this year? I was asked if I did contribute, but I never was asked how much. In past years this was given focus.

Typically Turbo Tax would ask me several times and then make sure I didn't contribute too much. This year other than asking me if I contributed it didn't ask me anything else. Perhaps I missed it; but I recall this being something Turbo Tax would ensure you entered.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Anyone know why I wasn't asked to enter IRA contributions this year? I was asked if I did contribute, but I never was asked how much. In past years this was given focus.

Please follow these steps to enter your IRA contribution (if you haven't already filed):

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on "Search" on the top right and type “IRA contributions”
  3. Click on “Jump to IRA contributions"
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks. I submitted already and therefore can’t even view that information right now and amending isn’t available yet. I guess I’ll attempt to start a new return to see where I went wrong. I just can’t believe I wasn’t asked about this and don’t understand how I could have missed it. 

teberlein

Thanks for posting this - had the same experience: asked in detail about IRAs every single year, nothing this year.  What a pain!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies