raccoonhome

Amount of 10,200. RMD was held out-age 76 dob 03/17/1944- How do I compute the amountFor RMD?

Last problem before filing, is there a formula to
get my RMD amount?
ColeenD3

There is but you don't need to compute it. Box 1 of your 1099-R shows the correct amount. The plan administrator does the work for you. If you are still curious about how to do it, see this LINK.

dmertz

The CARES Act waived RMDs for 2020, so any distribution from a plan other than a pension was not an RMD even though that was the the original intent of the distribution.

IRS Pub 590-B provides the method for calculating RMDs:  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p590b.pdf