turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

After finished filing and accepted by IRA I went back to TurboTax and deleted one of the dependents. What's my next step?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ShawnaD

After finished filing and accepted by IRA I went back to TurboTax and deleted one of the dependents. What's my next step?

Amended returns cannot be e-filed, so when Form 1040X becomes available you'll need to print and mail the return to the IRS. Form 1040X for amended returns won't be available until late January or early February 2018 so you will need to wait until that form is ready before you print and mail the return. 

To check back and see if Form 1040X is available, click on How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShawnaD

Amended returns cannot be e-filed, so when Form 1040X becomes available you'll need to print and mail the return to the IRS. Form 1040X for amended returns won't be available until late January or early February 2018 so you will need to wait until that form is ready before you print and mail the return. 

To check back and see if Form 1040X is available, click on How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies