turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I download my 1099 and 1099r from Stifel?

I have .i Mac
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

ADDENDUM:

I just found these Stifel instructions on the Online TurboTax website:

"To import your tax information from Stifel, enter the respective Account Number and Document ID Number (without spaces) for each tax form."

So each type of 1099 may have its own Document ID number.

Here's how to import the 1099-R into an Online TurboTax return.   You can import the 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT in a similar way, or it may import them all at once.  You'll just have to see what is offered when you try the importing.

• Once the return is open, click at the top on SEARCH.
  • Enter the word 1099-R without quotes, and then click the blue magnifying glass icon.
  • Then choose Jump to 1099-R.
  • Begin that interview.  You will get to a screen that says "Let's get your tax info."
  • If yours is not one of the common displayed icons, then enter the name of your institution in the institution search line.
  • Then continue, and it should ask for log-in credentials to your institution.

That "may" offer you the chance to import all of the 1099s at once.   You'll just have to see what options you have when you log into Stifel.

After importing the 1099-R be sure to verify the downloaded info, and be sure to go through all the rest of the Retirement Income screens to answer the followup questions.

If necessary, here's how to do the same thing with the 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT.   You may or may not be able to import a 1099-MISC; I don't know.

• With the return still open click at the top on SEARCH.
  • Enter the word 1099-B without quotes, and then click the blue magnifying glass icon.
  • Then choose Jump to 1099-B.
  • Begin that interview.  You will get to a screen that says "Let's get your tax info."
  • If yours is not one of the common displayed icons, then enter the name of your institution in the institution search line.
After importing those forms be sure to go through each interview (investment income, dividend income, interest income) to check the imported info and to answer the followup screens.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

What type is the first 1099?

2018 Consolidated Form 1099

Is there a section in the Turbo Tax form that allows me to import the 1099 and 1099's?

The consolidated form includes 2018 1099-Div,1099- INT, 1099-Misc,1099-B

See my answer below.   You'll have to see what all is offered when you log into Stifel during importing.   I don't know if it will import the 1099-MISC or not; it may not.   

"To import your tax information from Stifel, enter the respective Account Number and Document ID Number (without spaces) for each tax form."

Also please verify how you are preparing your return.    Next to your screen name above it says "Online Premier", so that's the answer I provided below--how to import those forms into Online TurboTax.

You also added "I use an iMac."   I'm not sure why you mentioned that.  Are you by any chance using the desktop software (CD/download) instead of Online TurboTax?     If so, the navigation will be different.

ADDENDUM:

Here's how to import the 1099-R into an Online TurboTax return.   You can import the 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT in a similar way, or it may import them all at once.  You'll just have to see what is offered when you try the importing.

• Once the return is open, click at the top on SEARCH.
  • Enter the word 1099-R without quotes, and then click the blue magnifying glass icon.
  • Then choose Jump to 1099-R.

That "may" offer you the chance to import all of the 1099s at once.   You'll just have to see what options you have when you log into Stifel.

After importing the 1099-R be sure to verify the downloaded info, and be sure to go through all the rest of the Retirement Income screens to answer the followup questions.

If necessary, here's how to do the same thing with the 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT.   You may or may not be able to import a 1099-MISC; I don't know.

• With the return still open click at the top on SEARCH.
  • Enter the word 1099-B without quotes, and then click the blue magnifying glass icon.
  • Then choose Jump to 1099-B.
After importing those forms be sure to go through each interview (investment income, dividend income, interest income) to check the imported info and to answer the followup screens.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies