Accidentally flagged myself as having a retirement savings account, cannot change back

While filing I accidentally said that I have a retirement savings account,  which is worth a $25 credit if I keep it but would require that I upgrade to deluxe and ultimately cost me more. When I try to change my answer to no, it just sends me back to the deductions screen with the credit still active. Is there any way that I could choose not to claim this credit and file free?

To remove the Retirement Savings Contributions Credit and the need to upgrade, in the Retirement Savings Contributions section tell TurboTax that you were a full-time student.  This will cause TurboTax to remove Form 8880 and have no other effect on your tax return.

I had th the same thing happened to me. I tried to change my answer but could not. I was forced to upgrade that changed my filing from free to paying 49. 95. I think this is something turbo is doing to change the free filing and force you to pay, if you want to file. I may change who I file with next year.